Why does it seem like Dads are so hard to buy for every year? At ShopCraft this Father’s Day, you can skip the stress of “What to buy?”. Read below for gift ideas all made by local makers, follow us on Instagram where we will be posting gift ideas throughout the week and stop in to the gift shop. We will be happy to help you pick out the perfect gift for the Dad in your life!
GIFTS FOR THE CLASSIC DAD
For the dad whose style is always on point, we have the perfect collection of gifts made by local artists. Check out the details here and come in to see them for yourself!
- Pan American Exposition, Buffalo the Electric City, by Eric and Lauren Woods of Buffalo History Buff. This vintage reproduction piece is digitally restored and works well in a man cave or an office. Available in 8 x 10 – $20, 11 x 14 – $35, and 16 x 20 – $55 in store and online.
- Coffee, Tobacco, and Vanilla hand poured soy wax candle by Rob Hopkins of Buffalo Made Co. This is scented perfectly for a cozy night or a warm summer porch hang. $17 available in store.
- Gold Buffalo Notecard Set by Christa Penner of C Designs. Set of 6 note cards in a classic sophisticated designs makes them perfect for any occasion. $15 in store.
- Sheet Music Slate Coaster Set by Joshua Fraass of jf.vintage. Set of 4 and excellent for the music loving dad. $24 in store.
- You’re Neat Card by Lauren VanOsteen of Tiny Buffalo Designs. Cleverly punny for $4 in store.
- Hand turned Purple Heart Wood Pen, by Linda Bennett of Kelvin Creations available in our host store, Thin Ice for $36
- Handmade Necktie by Julie Schworm of J Savage Goods. Stylish and excellently crafted, only 4 styles left in store!
- Oak and Ambrosia Maple Cutting Board by Bill Halcomb of NestWell Home. Handmade using only natural woods, no stains or artificial finishes are utilized. Available in multiple sizes and wood varieties in store. The piece pictured is available in store for $42.
- Black Tie Body Lotion by Sean Ralston of Spruce Up Soap Co. Handmade with 100% natural and cruelty free ingredients and scented with bergamot, rose, and violet, and lows of sandalwood and amber. A power scent that captures the room. $15 in store.
- May you Never go to Hell, but Always Be on Your Way letterpress print by Nicole Cooke of Type and Resolution. Perfect for the classy man cave or study, it is available both unframed for $10 and $25 framed in store.
GIFTS FOR THE ADVENTURER DAD
Is the Dad in your life always outside, or up for an adventure? Then this is the gift guide for him.
- Handmade Buffalo Hat by Julie Schworm. Every detail of this hat has been handcrafted to create a high quality brimmed hat for any Buffalover. With an adjustable strap in the back it will fit most sizes! Available in store for $45.
- Mint Lip Balm by Kerry Planck of Alpine Made. Super moisturizing and protecting, $8.50 in store.
- Up-cycled Moose Wall Hanging by Brandon Hilt McManus of No. 41 Supply utilizing a combination of reclaimed pallet wood and cedar wood. Available for custom order in any color! $95 in store.
- Leather Keychain by Rob Hopkins of Buffalo Made Co, durable and tough for attaching your keys to your belt of bag. $15 in store.
- Hand thrown and carved Mountain Mug by Darcie Rosinski of Pots by DJR. This piece is perfect for a morning cup of coffee before a day out adventuring. Microwave and dishwasher safe it’s a great functional piece of pottery available in store for $30.
- Vintage Volkswagen Van Magnet by Christa Penner of C Designs. For home or work, a reminder of past adventurers or an incentive for adventures to come! $8 in store.
- Iroquois Brewing Indian Head Reproduction Print by Eric and Lauren Woods of Buffalo History Buff. This vintage reproduction piece is a throw back to a local pre-prohibition brewery digitally restored and works well in a man cave or an office. Available in 8 x 10 – $20, 11 x 14 – $35, and 16 x 20 – $55 in store and online.
- Spruce Up Soap Co Mossy Oak Soap by Sean Ralston has a subtle yet complex scent. They infused oak moss with some vanilla, amber and a touch of citrus. Sea salt is present as a refreshing exfoliant. If you enjoy a more mild and warm scent this bar is for you. $8 in store.
- Good Neighbors Good Times Koozie by Rob Hopkins of Buffalo Made Co featuring his Good Times Good neighbors illustration from the Buffalo Made moniker collection/ $4 in store.
- Queen City Beer Print reproduction print of an original mixed media painting by Alison Kurek, available in Mini, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″ and the original is available as well!
- Salad Garden Set of Seed Bombs by Eileen May of Love by Bean, featuring 3 seed varieties, 2 bombs per variety so Dad can grow his own salad greens! Organic and locally sourced seeds wrapped in recycled paper pulp for aiding in germination. $25 in store.
- Not All Who Wander are Lost magnet by Joshua Fraass of jf.vintage, hand stamped on a black white paper of the world it’s a perfect gift for the Dad who loves to travel! $15 in store.
- Wood 6-Pack Bottle carrier with Bottle Opener by Bill Halcomb of NestWell Home. Hand crafed to hold up to 6 bottles or cans depending on their size this is great for the Dad who likes to travel with his own drinks, or picnics and needs a variety of beverages on hand. $26 in store and online.
- Buffalo Made Tee by Rob Hopkins of Buffalo Made Co. This is tee is designed and printed locally, and features the signature insignia from Buffalo Made which is a play on the Bethlehem Steel logo. $26 in store.
GIFTS FOR THE SELF PROCLAIMED GEEKY DAD
A curated set of gifts perfect for the Dad who loves science, cartoons, and generally nerdy fun!
- Henry Ford Faster Horse Letterpress print by Nicole Cooke of Type and Resolution. Great for an office or man cave art and a perfect reminder for thinking outside the box! Available in store unframed for $20.
- Glow in the Dark Dino Bag by Michelle Perkins of Speakeasy works can work as a great toiletry kit bag for Dad. Available in our host shop, Thin Ice for $24
- Hand Crocheted Mimikyu by Diana Miranda of Mermaid and Weasel. This plush character is straight out of Pokeman and is perfect for the Dad who can’t get enough anime! Available in store for $25.
- Hand made bow tie in Atomic Fabric by Julie Schworm of J. Savage Goods is great for the geeky dad who is rocks a good bow tie. $35 in store.
- Spruce Up Soap Co Mind Body Lotion and Wash by Sean Ralston. Featuring all natural and cruelty free ingredients, the mind scent scent contains atlas cedar known to be grounding and calming, lime which is known to help stop signs of aging and is a great antioxidant and eucalyptus which is awesome for healing skin irritation and relaxing sore muscles. Available in store for $15/lotion and $16/face and body wash.
- I Fart A Lot Dog print by Alison Kurek is a reproduction her original painting and great for any dad with a sense of humor and a penchant for passing gas, this print is available in the mini size pictured with frame $10, 5 x 7 loose for $10, and a 5×7 matted to 8 x 10 for $22.
- Handmade Journals by Janna Willoughby Lohr of Papercraft Miracles which Dad can use as a pocket notebook or a refill on a Fauxdori or Midori Journal! Available in store, price range depending on paper and size from $6.50 to $9.
- Pan-American Grounds Map Reproduction Print by Eric and Lauren Woods of Buffalo History Buff. This vintage reproduction piece is a great commemorative piece of this iconic moment in Buffalo, NY’s history. Available in 8 x 10 – $20, 11 x 14 – $35, and 16 x 20 – $55 in store.
- Utility Bag by Rob Hopkins of Buffalo Made Co, perfect for storing small toiletries, small tools, or pens and pencils this versatile piece is sure to take Dad’s organization up a step. Designed and printed locally and available for $16 in store.